Clear Micellar Conditioner (IECIC Compliant)
This Clear Micellar Conditioner formulation features Poly Suga®Quat L1010P and Cola®Lipid C in a unique concept for a silicone-free, clear conditioner that is designed with micellar technology to provide mild, weightless conditioning without buildup.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|1||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|2||Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose||Benecel™ K200M ¹||0.75|
|3||Polyquaternium-7||Merquat™ 550 Polymer ²||2.00|
|4||Polyquaternium-78||Poly Suga®Quat L1010P||4.00|
|5||Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate||Cola®Lipid C||4.00|
|6||Fragrance||WS Apple Fragrance ³||0.20|
|7||Benzyl Alcohol and Ethylhexylglycerin and Tocopherol||Euxyl® K 900 ⁴||1.00|
|8||Citric Acid||Citric Acid, 50%||qs to pH|
- Heat 1/3 of the water to 80 – 85°C and chill the remaining balance of water to ~5°C.
- Disperse ingredient 2 in the hot water, then add the balance of cold water while Begin cooling to 40 – 45°C.
- Mix until smooth and uniform, then add ingredient
- Once at 40 – 45°C, add ingredients 4 – 7 in Mix until clear and uniform.
- Adjust to pH 5.0 – 5.5 with citric
Appearance: Clear, Viscous Liquid
pH: 5.0 – 5.5
Viscosity: 4,000 – 6,000 cP
% Solids: 4.4 – 4.6
1Ashland, 2Lubrizol, 3Orchidia Fragrances, 4Schülke & Mayr
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.