Clear Micellar Conditioner
This Clear Micellar Conditioner formulation features Poly Suga®Quat S1210P and Cola®Quat PDQ in a unique concept for a silicone-free, clear conditioner that is designed with micellar technology to provide mild, weightless conditioning without buildup.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|1||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|2||Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose||Benecel™ K200M ¹||0.75|
|3||Polyquaternium-7||Merquat™ 550 Polymer ²||2.00|
|4||Polyquaternium-81||Poly Suga®Quat S1210P||4.00|
|6||Fragrance||WS Apple Fragrance ³||0.20|
|7||Benzyl Alcohol and Ethylhexylglycerin and Tocopherol||Euxyl® K 900 ⁴||1.00|
|8||Citric Acid||Citric Acid 50%||qs to pH|
- Heat 1/3 of the water to 80 – 85°C and chill the remaining balance of water to ~5°C.
- Disperse ingredient 2 in the hot water, then add the balance of cold water while Begin cooling to 40 – 45°C.
- Mix until smooth and uniform, then add ingredient
- Once at 40 – 45°C, add ingredients 4 – 7 in Mix until clear and uniform.
- Adjust to pH 5.0 – 5.5 with citric
Appearance: Clear, Viscous Liquid
pH: 5.0 – 5.5
Viscosity: 4,000 – 6,000 cP
% Solids: 3.8 – 4.0
1Ashland, 2Lubrizol, 3Orchidia Fragrances, 4Schülke & Mayr
Colonial Chemical makes prototypes of this formulation that are available upon request. Click the button below and go through the checkout process to request one.Request Sample
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.