Cupuaçu Beard Balm
This moisturizing beard balm is created from premium mild ingredients to soften and sculpt coarse facial hair, while soothing sensitive skin underneath. This balm features naturally-derived Cola®Lipid ST to combat dry, irritated skin, and Cola®Moist 200 for long-lasting hydration, promoting healthy, thick beard growth. Also included is Cupuaçu butter, an Amazonian superfruit packed with nutrients, for a light to medium hold to tame a range of beard styles, and coconut oil for a natural shine.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|A||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|A||Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose||Natrosol™ Plus 330CS ¹||0.50|
|A||Sodium Hydroxide||NaOH, 20%||0.03|
|A||Stearamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate||Cola®Lipid ST||4.00|
|A||Hydroxypropyl Bis-Hydroxyethyldimonium Chloride||Cola®Moist 200||1.50|
|B||Cetyl Alcohol||Lanette® 16 ²||5.00|
|B||Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil||Coconut Oil||5.00|
|B||Isopropyl Myristate||HallStar® IPM-NF ³||4.00|
|B||Myristyl Myristate||HallStar® MM ³||2.50|
|B||Coco-Caprylate||Cetiol® C 5 ²||2.50|
|B||Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter||Biochemica® Cupuaçu Butter Refined ³||1.00|
|C||Benzyl Alcohol and Ethylhexylglycerin and Tocopherol||Euxyl® K 900 ⁴||0.50|
|C||Fragrance||Artistic Man Fragrance ⁵||0.20|
- Disperse Natrosol™ Plus 330CS in water. Adjust pH above 8.5 with sodium hydroxide and mix for 30 minutes or until completely hydrated.
- Add remaining Phase A ingredients and heat to 65 – 70°C. Mix until smooth and uniform.
- In a separate vessel, combine Phase B ingredients and heat to 65 – 70°C.
- Slowly add Phase B to Phase A under moderate to high agitation.
- Cool to 50°C and add Phase C ingredients.
- Homogenize and fill containers.
pH: 5.5 – 6.0
Viscosity: 300,000 – 500,000 cP
1Ashland, 2BASF, 3HallStar, 4Schülke & Mayr, 5Orchidia Fragrances
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.