Curl Repair Mask
This palm-free, deep-conditioning hair mask is designed to hydrate and strengthen curls without weighing them down. Suitable for wavy, curly, and coily hair, this mask can be used as often as needed in place of a regular conditioner to combat dryness, frizz, and breakage. Featured ingredients include Colonial S18PF to smooth and detangle curls, Cola®Quat Q80 to improve the feel and gloss, and Cola®Moist BE 200 MB to reduce breakage. To use: Apply to clean, wet hair from roots to ends and leave in for 5 minutes before rinsing.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|1||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|2||Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride||N-Hance™ 32151||0.10|
|3||Lactic Acid||PURAC® FCC 882||0.80|
|4||Quaternium-80 and Propylene Glycol||Cola®Quat Q80||1.50|
|5||Hydroxypropyl Bis-Hydroxyethyldimonium Chloride||Cola®Moist BE 200 MB||1.00|
|6||Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine||Colonial S18PF||2.00|
|7||Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil||Grapeseed Oil||6.00|
|8||Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter||Shea Butter||1.50|
|9||Brassica Alcohol||SustOleo™ BA3||6.00|
|10||Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate||Euxyl® K 7124||1.00|
- In primary vessel, combine ingredients 1 – 2. Once well dispersed, add ingredient 3 and continue mixing for 30 minutes or until completely hydrated.
- Once hydrated, add ingredients 4 – 5, then heat to 65 – 70°C.
- In a separate vessel, combine ingredients 6 – 9 and heat to 65 – 70°C. Once at temperature, add to the primary vessel.
- Mix until uniform, then begin to cool.
- Once below 45°C, add remaining ingredients 10 – 11. Mix until uniform.
Appearance Opaque cream
pH 4.5 – 5.0
1Ashland, 2Corbion, 3Inolex, 4Schülke & Mayr, 5Orchidia Fragrances
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.