Face Cream with Hemp Seed Oil
This silicone-free facial moisturizer is created from premium, mild, skin-nourishing ingredients to maintain healthy skin by providing lightweight, buildable moisture without greasy residue. This cream features a combination of naturally-derived emulsifiers to produce an emulsion that is thick and creamy, yet has a lightweight invisible feel. Cola®Fax CPE provides a dry, silky rub-out, while phospholipid-based Cola®Lipid ST adds a creamier body and acts as a skin conditioner to smooth and soften. Also included is Cola®Moist 200 for long-lasting hydration, promoting healthy, hydrated skin. Gentle enough for daily use on all skin types.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|A||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose||Natrosol™ Plus 330CS ¹||0.40|
|Cetyl Phosphate||Cola®Fax CPE||1.00|
|Potassium Hydroxide||KOH, 45%||0.60|
|Stearamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate||Cola®Lipid ST||3.00|
|Hydroxypropyl Bis-Hydroxyethyldimonium Chloride||Cola®Moist 200||1.00|
|Cetyl Alcohol||Lanette® 16 ²||2.50|
|Myristyl Myristate||HallStar® MM ³||3.75|
|Isopropyl Palmitate||HallStar® IPP-NF ³||5.00|
|Coco-Caprylate||Cetiol® C 5 ²||1.25|
|Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil||Hemp Seed Oil||1.50|
|Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexylglycerin||Euxyl® PE 9010 ⁴||0.50|
- Disperse Natrosol™ Plus 330CS in water. Mix until uniform, then add potassium hydroxide.
- Continue mixing until completely hydrated, then heat to 60 – 65°C.
- Once at temperature, add Cola®Fax CPE. Continue mixing until completely incorporated.
- Add remaining Phase A ingredients, mixing until uniform.
- In a separate vessel, combine Phase B ingredients and heat to 60 – 65°C.
- Once both phases are at temperature, slowly add Phase B to Phase A with good mixing.
- Cool to 50 – 55°C and homogenize.
- Continue cooling to 40 – 45°C and add remaining Phase C ingredients.
pH: 6.0 – 7.0
Viscosity: 300,000 – 500,000 cP
1Ashland, 2BASF, 3HallStar, 4Schülke & Mayr, 5Orchidia Fragrances
Colonial Chemical makes prototypes of this formulation that are available upon request. Click the button below and go through the checkout process to request one.Request Sample
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.