Face Cream with Hemp Seed Oil
This silicone-free facial moisturizer is created from premium, mild, skin-nourishing ingredients to maintain healthy skin by providing lightweight, buildable moisture without greasy residue. This cream features a combination of naturally-derived emulsifiers to produce an emulsion that is thick and creamy, yet has a lightweight invisible feel. Cola®Fax CPE provides a dry, silky rub-out, while phospholipid-based Cola®Lipid ST adds a creamier body and acts as a skin conditioner to smooth and soften. Also included is Cola®Moist 200 for long-lasting hydration, promoting healthy, hydrated skin. Gentle enough for daily use on all skin types.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|A||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose||Natrosol™ Plus 330CS ¹||0.40|
|Cetyl Phosphate||Cola®Fax CPE||1.00|
|Potassium Hydroxide||KOH, 45%||0.60|
|Stearamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate||Cola®Lipid ST||3.00|
|Hydroxypropyl Bis-Hydroxyethyldimonium Chloride||Cola®Moist 200||1.00|
|Cetyl Alcohol||Lanette® 16 ²||2.50|
|Myristyl Myristate||HallStar® MM ³||3.75|
|Isopropyl Palmitate||HallStar® IPP-NF ³||5.00|
|Coco-Caprylate||Cetiol® C 5 ²||1.25|
|Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil||Hemp Seed Oil||1.50|
|Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexylglycerin||Euxyl® PE 9010 ⁴||0.50|
- Disperse Natrosol™ Plus 330CS in water. Mix until uniform, then add potassium hydroxide.
- Continue mixing until completely hydrated, then heat to 60 – 65°C.
- Once at temperature, add Cola®Fax CPE. Continue mixing until completely incorporated.
- Add remaining Phase A ingredients, mixing until uniform.
- In a separate vessel, combine Phase B ingredients and heat to 60 – 65°C.
- Once both phases are at temperature, slowly add Phase B to Phase A with good mixing.
- Cool to 50 – 55°C and homogenize.
- Continue cooling to 40 – 45°C and add remaining Phase C ingredients.
pH: 6.0 – 7.0
Viscosity: 300,000 – 500,000 cP
1Ashland, 2BASF, 3HallStar, 4Schülke & Mayr, 5Orchidia Fragrances