Grapefruit Shower Gel (Sulfate-Free)
This formulation features Suga®Nate 160NC, Cola®Teric CBS-HP, Cola®Mate LA-40 MB, and Poly Suga®Mulse D9 in a gentle, naturally based body wash formulation which leaves skin feeling clean without excessive drying or irritation from harsh sulfates.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|1||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|2||Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate||Suga®Nate 160NC||19.20|
|3||Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate||Cola®Mate LA-40 MB||4.00|
|4||Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine (Fatty Acid)||Cola®Teric CBS-HP||9.60|
|5||Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil||Grapefruit Oil ¹||0.30|
|6||Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer||Poly Suga®Mulse D9||0.30|
|7||Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate||Euxyl® K712 ²||1.00|
|8||Citric Acid||Citric Acid 50%||qs|
- In primary vessel, combine ingredients 1 – 2 and begin heating to 45°C.
- Once at temperature, add ingredient 3
- Mix until clear and uniform, then add ingredient 4.
- In a separate vessel, combine ingredients 5 – 6 as a premix and add to batch.
- Once clear and uniform, add ingredient 7.
- Adjust pH to 5.0 – 5.5 with citric acid (viscosity is pH dependent).
Appearance: Clear, Viscous Liquid
pH: 5.0 – 5.5
Viscosity: 5,000 – 7,000 cP
1Orchidia Fragrances, 2Schülke and Mayr
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.