Natural Curl Co-Wash (Palm-Free, Quat-Free)
This plant-based co-wash is free of quats, formulated with nourishing oils and a palm-free conditioning aid, Colonial S18PF, to leave hair soft, hydrated, and defined. Great for curly, color-treated, or ultra-dry hair.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|A||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|A||Lactic Acid||PURAC® FCC 881||0.60|
|B||Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil||Grapeseed Oil||6.00|
|B||Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil||Coconut Oil||1.00|
|B||Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil||Hempseed Oil||1.00|
|B||Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine||Colonial S18PF||2.00|
|B||Brassica Alcohol||SustOleo™ BA2||5.50|
|C||Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate||Euxyl® K 7123||1.00|
|C||Fragrance||Green Tea Fragrance4||0.20|
- In primary vessel, combine phase A ingredients and heat to 65-70°C.
- In a separate vessel, combine phase B ingredients and heat to 65-70°C.
- Once at temperature, add phase B to phase A.
- Mix until uniform, then begin to cool.
- Once below 45°C, add remaining phase C ingredients. Mix until uniform.
pH 4.5 – 5.0
Viscosity 30,000 – 50,000 cP
1Corbion, 2Inolex, 3Schülke & Mayr, 4Premier
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.