Natural Deodorant Stick
This aluminum-free, natural deodorant stick features Colonial Monolaurin MB for safe, long-lasting odor protection. This formulation is preservative-free and can be made without artificial fragrances or dyes as desired.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|1||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|2||Propanediol||Zemea® Propanediol ¹||60.00|
|3||Sodium Hydroxide||Sodium Hydroxide, 50%||1.40|
|4||Stearic Acid||Triple Pressed Stearic Acid ²||4.50|
|5||Glyceryl Laurate||Colonial Monolaurin MB||2.00|
|6||Fragrance, Dye||Fragrance, Dye||qs|
- Combine ingredients 1 – 3 and begin heating to 85 – 90°C.
- Once at temperature, slowly add ingredient 4 and continue mixing until completely dissolved.
- Reduce temperature to 80°C, then add ingredient 5.
- Add fragrance and dye as desired.
- Fill containers and allow to cool.
Appearance: Clear to Translucent Solid
pH (10%): 9.5 – 10.0
1 DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products Company, LLC, 2Acme-Hardesty
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.