Natural Glow Hand & Body Cream
In this hand and body cream formulation, Cola®Mulse 3GO acts as a skin-conditioning emulsifier and is combined with Cola®Fax CPE to give an elegant, silky rub-out. The combination of these all-natural, PEG-free emulsifiers creates a moisturizer with a creamy texture that leaves the skin smooth, hydrated, and velvety soft.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|A||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|A||Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose||Natrosol™ Plus 330CS ¹||0.25|
|A||Potassium Hydroxide||KOH, 45%||0.60|
|A||Cetyl Phosphate||Cola®Fax CPE||1.00|
|A||Polyglyceryl-3 Oleate||Cola®Mulse 3GO||0.50|
|B||Isopropyl Myristate||Isopropyl Myristate ²||6.00|
|B||Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride||Jarchem™ MCT M-5 ³||3.00|
|B||Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil||Grapeseed Oil ⁴||3.00|
|B||Coco-Caprylate||Cetiol® C 5 ²||2.50|
|B||Cetyl Alcohol||Lanette® 16 ²||4.00|
|C||Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexylglycerin||Euxyl® PE 9010 ⁵||0.50|
|C||Fragrance||WS Sandalwood Fragrance ⁶||0.10|
- Disperse Natrosol™ Plus 330CS in water. Mix until uniform, then add potassium hydroxide.
- Continue mixing until completely hydrated, then heat to 60 – 65°C.
- Once at temperature, add Cola®Fax CPE. Continue mixing until completely incorporated.
- Add remaining Phase A ingredients, mixing until uniform.
- In a separate vessel, combine Phase B ingredients and heat to 60 – 65°C.
- Once both phases are at temperature, slowly add Phase B to Phase A with good mixing.
- Cool to 50 – 55°C and homogenize.
- Continue cooling to 40 – 45°C and add remaining Phase C ingredients.
- Once uniform, fill containers and allow to cool.
Appearance: Opaque Cream
pH: 6.0 – 7.0
Viscosity: 150,000 – 200,000 cP
1Ashland, 2BASF, 3Jarchem Innovative Ingredients, 4Jedwards, 5Schülke & Mayr, 6Orchidia Fragrances
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.