Natural Mineral Sunscreen
This natural mineral sunscreen formulation features Poly Suga®Mulse D6 and Colonial Monolaurin MB for a broad spectrum mineral based SPF 30* protection for ultimate sun coverage. Made up of 100% natural moisturizers, it’s non-whitening, and dry to the touch.
*Not a “turn-key” formula. SPF subject to testing.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|A||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|A||Xanthan Gum||Keltrol® CG-SFT ¹||1.00|
|A||Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer||Poly Suga®Mulse D6||4.00|
|A||Glyceryl Laurate||Colonial Monolaurin MB||0.75|
|B||Zinc Oxide and Titanium dioxide and Caprylic/capric triglyceride and Polyhydroxystearic acid and Alumina and Stearic acid||Xperse® 301 ²||30.00|
|B||Cetyl Alcohol||Lanette® 16 ³||5.00|
|B||Coco-Caprylate||Cetiol® C5 ³||5.00|
|C||Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexylglycerin||Euxyl® PE 9010 ⁴||0.50|
- Combine xanthan gum and glycerin to create a smooth slurry. Add the slurry to water, mixing until completely hydrated.
- Add remaining phase A ingredients.
- In a separate vessel, combine phase B ingredients.
- Heat both phases to 75 – 85°C.
- Once at temperature, add phase B to phase A.
- Homogenize and cool to 45°C.
- Add remaining ingredients.
pH 7.5 – 8.0
Viscosity 50,000 cP
Zinc Oxide 9.0%
Titanium Dioxide 9.0%
1CP Kelco, 2EverZinc, 3BASF, 4Schülke & Mayr
Colonial Chemical makes prototypes of this formulation that are available upon request. Click the button below and go through the checkout process to request one.Request Sample
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.