Nourishing Baby Lotion
This formulation contains Poly Suga®Mulse D6, Colonial Monolaurin MB, and Cola®Fax CPE-K MB, NPA Certified ingredients, for a silicone free, mild baby lotion. It is nourishing and irritant free with a hint of lavender for calming even the fussiest of babies.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|A||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|A||Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose||Natrosol® Plus 330 CS ¹||0.50|
|A||Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer||Poly Suga®Mulse D6||4.00|
|A||Glyceryl Laurate||Colonial Monolaurin MB||0.50|
|A||Potassium Cetyl Phosphate||Cola®Fax CPE-K MB||1.00|
|B||Tricaprylin||Dermofeel® MCT ²||3.00|
|B||Undecane and Tridecane||Cetiol® Ultimate ³||5.00|
|B||Argania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil||Argan Oil RBD ⁴||2.00|
|B||Cetyl Alcohol||Lanette® 16 ³||4.00|
|B||Coco-Caprylate||Cetiol® C 5 ³||2.50|
|C||Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexylglycerin||Euxyl® PE 9010 ⁵||0.50|
|C||Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil||Lavender 40/42 Oil ⁶||0.05|
- In primary vessel, combine Water and Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose. Hydrate according to manufacturer instructions.
- Heat to 70°C while adding remaining phase A ingredients.
- In a side vessel, combine phase B ingredients. Heat to 70°C.
- Once both phases are homogeneous and at temperature, add B to A slowly with good mixing.
- Slowly cool to 50°C and add phase C ingredients.
- Homogenize and fill containers.
Viscosity: 50,000 cP
1Ashland, 2Dr. Straetmans, 3BASF, 4Charkit, 5Schülke & Mayr, 6Orchidia
Colonial Chemical makes prototypes of this formulation that are available upon request. Click the button below and go through the checkout process to request one.Request Sample
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.