Texturizing Himalayan Pink Salt Spray
This Texturizing Himalayan Pink Salt Spray formulation features Poly Suga®Mulse D9 for a beautiful beach-style volumizing salt spray. Spritz on dry or damp hair for hold and wind-blown texture. Use any time you want to refresh, re-style or add some volume and texture. This formula complies with EcoCert standards for natural formulations.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|1||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|2||Gellan Gum||Keltrol® CG-LA 1||0.10|
|3||Magnesium Sulfate||Magnesium Sulfate||5.00|
|4||Sodium Chloride||Himalayan Pink Salt (fine grain) 2||5.00|
|5||Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer||Poly Suga®Mulse D9||2.00|
|6||Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Oil||Grapefruit Oil 3||0.20|
|7||Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate||Euxyl® K712 4||1.00|
|8||Citric Acid||Citric Acid||qs to pH|
- Add ingredient 2 to half the amount of water. Heat to 82 – 85°C and mix until clear.
- Begin cooling and add the remaining half of the water.
- Continue to cool while adding ingredient 3. Mix until completely dissolved. Homogenize.
- Add ingredient 4. Mix until completely dissolved.
- At 40 – 45°C, add ingredients 5 – 6.
- Once below 40°C and add remaining ingredients.
- Adjust to pH 5.0 – 5.5 with citric acid.
Appearance: Light Pink Liquid
pH: 5.0 – 5.5
Viscosity: 200 – 400 cP
% Solids: 12.0
1CP Kelco, 2SaltWorks, 3Orchidia, 4Schülke and Mayr
Colonial Chemical makes prototypes of this formulation that are available upon request. Click the button below and go through the checkout process to request one.Request Sample
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.