Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
This formulation features Poly Suga®Mulse D9 for a beautiful beach-style volumizing salt spray. Spritz on dry or damp hair for hold and wind-blown texture. Also features activated charcoal sea salt for detoxifying properties. Use any time you want to refresh, re-style or add some volume and texture. This formula complies with EcoCert standards for natural formulations.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|1||Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|2||Gellan Gum||Kelcogel® CG-LA ¹||0.10|
|3||Magnesium Sulfate||Magnesium Sulfate||8.00|
|4||Sea Salt and Activated Charcoal||Black Hawaiian Sea Salt ²||2.00|
|5||Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer||Poly Suga®Mulse D9||2.00|
|6||Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Oil||Grapefruit Oil ³||0.20|
|7||Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate||Microcare® SB ⁴||1.00|
|8||Citric Acid||Citric Acid||qs to pH|
1. Add ingredient 2 to half the amount of water. Heat to 82 – 85°C and mix until clear.
2. Begin cooling below 40°C and add the remaining half of the water.
3. Add ingredient 3 and mix until dissolved. If necessary, homogenize until smooth.
4. Once smooth and homogeneous, add ingredient 4. Mix until completely dissolved.
5. At 40 – 45°C, add ingredients 5 – 6.
6. Once below 40°C and add remaining ingredients.
7. Adjust to pH 5.0 – 5.5 with citric acid.
Appearance: Clear liquid with suspended charcoal
pH: 5.0 – 5.5
Viscosity: 200 cP
1CP Kelco, 2SaltWorks, 3Orchidia, 4Thor
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.