In this formulation for a weightless lotion, featured emulsifiers include Colonial Monolaurin MB and Cola®Lipid ST for their dual-benefits of emolliency and skin-conditioning so you can get soft, smooth skin without a heavy cream. This moisturizer works great as a lightweight body lotion in the summer months or as a face cream year-round.
|Order||INCI Name||Trade Name||Percent||Function|
|Water||Water||qs to 100.00|
|Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate||Dissolvine® GL-47-S ¹||0.20|
|Glyceryl Laurate||Colonial Monolaurin MB||3.00|
|Stearamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate||Cola®Lipid ST||2.50|
|Dimethicone||Xiameter PMX-200 100 cSt ²||2.50|
|Caprylic-Capric Triglycerides||Jarchem™ MCT M-5 ³||1.25|
|Cetyl Alcohol||Lanette O ⁴||2.00|
- In primary vessel, combine phase A ingredients and heat to 65 – 70°C.
- In a separate vessel, combine phase B ingredients and heat to 65 – 70°C.
- Once both phases are at temperature and uniform, slowly add phase B to phase A.
- Briefly homogenize, then cool to 45 – 50°C.
- Add remaining phase C ingredients.
- Use additional homogenization if necessary to achieve desired viscosity.
pH: 6.0 – 7.0
Viscosity: 25,000 – 35,000 cP
1AkzoNobel, 2Dow, 3Jarchem Innovative Ingredients, 4BASF
This formulation is intended for use as a generic starting formula and may be modified as needed. This formulation is for developmental use only. Not intended for resale.