High Monoester Cetyl Phosphate
Cola®Fax CPE is an oil soluble long chain organic phosphate ester supplied as a free acid in flake form. It is generally used as a co-emulsifier with low HLB nonionics, and is non-irritating to skin. Cola®Fax CPE is easily dissolved into either phase during emulsion processing and can be neutralized in-situ with various cations. Cola®Fax CPE, at low use concentrations, will enhance the stability of emulsions and thicken cremes and lotions. It can replace TEA-stearate in most preparations. Cola®Fax CPE is ideally suited for use in many dermatological and personal care products.
INCI: Cetyl Phosphate
US (TSCA), EU (REACH), Canada (DSL), Australia (AICS), Japan (ENCS), China (IECSC – IECIC), Philippines (PICCS), New Zealand (NZIOC), Taiwan (TCSI)
- Whole Foods Market® Premium Body Care™ ingredient
- COSMOS Approved
- Emulsion stabilizer – overcomes imbalances in HLB emulsifier values for various oil systems.
- Easy to formulate. Acid form is oil soluble; neutralized salts are water-soluble. Can be substituted for polyacrylic acid type polymers, which are frequently utilized as emulsion stabilizers without increasing viscosity to an unacceptable limit.
- Physically easier to use than polyacrylic acid. No dispersion, wetting problems or fish eyes in solution.
- Good rub out and afterfeel. Does not inhibit quick break emulsion properties.
- Primary emulsifier, providing excellent performance at normal skin pH.
- Easy-to-handle, without noxious dust particles.
- Low viscosity emulsions
- Cleansing milks