Colonial Chemical has been conducting research and development efforts toward the invention of new and improved humectants, useful as nonocclusive moisturizers for personal care products.
There are a number of humectants in the marketplace that attract moisture at high humidity levels, but a need has long existed for enhanced performance under severely dry, low humidity conditions. ColaMoist 300P is a polymeric, highly ionized water-soluble compound that enhances water-binding structures. It is hygroscopic at all humidities, attracting and binding water extremely effectively, and provides a higher humidity protective gradient to enhance moisturization on both skin and hair. Its hydrating properties limit water evaporation and serve to retain moisture. Its performance benefits are due to both strong ionic binding and hydrogen bonding within the humectant film matrix.
- Extremely hygroscopic and imparts a pleasant moist feeling to skin and hair
- Increases softness and elasticity of skin and hair
- Even in high concentrations, it is safe to skin and to the eye
- Nearly Odorless and Colorless
- Stable at a broad range of temperatures and pH’s
- Compatible with anionic, cationic and nonionic ingredients
- Easy to formulate into all types of emulsions
- Skin Care Products: creams, lotions, and shower gels
- Hair Care Products: shampoos, conditioners, hair tonics, hair creams, styling products, etc.
- Sun Care Products: pre and post sun care creams and lotions
- Make-up Products: foundations, lipsticks, lip balms, etc.