INCI: Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer
Description: Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer (HLB 12-14)
Regulatory: TSCA (US), REACH (EU) Polymer Exempt, Australia (AICIS) PLC
Poly Suga®Mulse D9 is a PEG-free, nonionic fragrance solubilizer made from 100% biobased raw materials. It is hydrophilic, freely soluble or dispersible in water, and soluble in varying degrees in organic liquids. Poly Suga®Mulse D9 is used for oil-in-water (O/W) emulsification, dispersion or solubilization of fragrances and all types of oils. It is compatible with nonionic, cationic and anionic surfactants and is effective in systems with relatively high levels of electrolyte, acid, or base. Poly Suga®Mulse D9 is an excellent solubilizer for fragrances in water-only and water-and-surfactant systems. Poly Suga®Mulse D9 compares favorably to ethoxylated materials (such as Tween® 20 and PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil) in both ease-of-use and use levels. Poly Suga®Mulse D9 may also be used as a co-emulsifier in the formulation of creams and lotions.
- ECOCERT Approved Raw Material
- Conforms to NSF/ANSI 305-2012
- USDA Biopreferred Product
- Natural Products Association Certified Ingredient
The Safer Choice Program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified Poly Suga®Mulse D9 as Acceptable for use in Safer Choice-certified products and for listing on CleanGredients as a surfactant.
Poly Suga®Mulse D9 also meets criteria for direct release and the use limit for this ingredient no longer applies.
- Direct release products are intended for use in applications that do not go into a sewer or septic system, so they need to have a shorter biodegradation time. Products include home car washes, cleaners for use in power washers, boat cleaners, drilling muds, graffiti removers, fleet disinfectants, window cleaners, and the like.
- 100% naturally derived
- EO-free, 1,4-Dioxane free, PEG-free
- Solubilizes a broad range of lipophilic substances in pure aqueous or aqueous alcoholic systems
- Offers excellent performance comparable to benchmark PEG-free solubilizers
- Stable over a broad pH range
- Easy to handle; cold or hot processed
- Freely soluble in water
- Minimal impact on color; no impact on odor in final formulation
- No impact on viscosity on the final formulation
- Fragrance solubilizer in all systems
- Perfumed waters and essential oils
- Deodorants and after shaves
- Skin care products
- Shampoos, hair gels
- Body washes
- Household cleaners