Naturally-Derived High-Foaming Surfactant
Suga®Nate 100NC is a high foaming sulfonated surfactant based on a naturally derived alkyl polyglucoside derivative. Suga®Nate 100NC offers good emulsification, mildness to the skin, and excellent lime soap dispersion to give the formulator maximum flexibility in the preparation of light and heavy-duty cleaners. Suga®Nate 100NC can be used in dishwashing liquids that feature outstanding grease emulsification, mildness to the hands, and excellent foam stability. Suga®Nate 100NC exhibits superior cleaning in very hard water, reducing the need for expensive builder in the formulation. It is also suitable for use in acidic formulations such as those containing glycolic or α-hydroxy acids. The stability of Suga®Nate 100NC at any pH makes it desirable in many formulations for industrial, institutional and household applications.
INCI: Sodium Decylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate
Patent #: 6,627,612; 7,045,506
US (TSCA): Canada (NDSL): EU (REACH): Taiwan (NECI)
- DfE Approved (CleanGredients)
- USDA Biopreferred Product
- Natural Products Association Certified Ingredient
- Whole Foods Market® Premium Body Care™ Ingredient
The Safer Choice Program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified Suga®Nate 100NC as Acceptable for use in Safer Choice-certified products and for listing on CleanGredients as a surfactant.
Suga®Nate 100NC also meets criteria for direct release under EPA’s Safer Choice Standard and the use limit for this ingredient no longer applies.
- Direct release products are approved in outdoor applications that are likely to bypass sewage treatment . Products include home car washes, cleaners for use in power washers, boat cleaners, drilling muds, graffiti removers, fleet disinfectants, window cleaners, and the like.
- Naturally derived
- Extremely mild to skin and eyes
- Builds wet, dense, stable foam
- Excellent wetting properties
- Stable over broad pH range
- Excellent lime soap dispersion
- Excellent emulsification
- Compatible with other surfactants
- Excellent hydrotroping properties
- Safe for the environment
- Safe for humans
- Carpet cleaners
- Hard surface cleaners
- Dish washing products
- Hand soaps
- Toilet bowl cleaners
- Hand wipes