100% Biobased Sulfate-free Surfactant in Anhydrous Form
Suga®Nate 160 Dry is a sulfate-free primary surfactant in anhydrous form. Using Suga®Nate 160 Dry, formulators can begin with a highfoaming product and build to preferred aesthetic properties without concerns of irritation to eyes and skin. Suga®Nate 160 Dry is also very low in toxicity and is 100% natural carbon biobased, derived from natural materials.
INCI: Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate
Patent #: 6,627,612 B1; 7,045,506
USA (TSCA); Canada (NDSL); EU (REACH); Australia (AICS); New Zealand (NZIoC), Taiwan (NECI)
- DfE Approved (CleanGredients)
- USDA Biopreferred Product
- Natural Products Association Certified Ingredient
- Whole Foods Market® Premium Body Care™ ingredient
Suga®Nate 160 Dry meets the requirements for ingredients that may be included in goods and services bearing Nordic Swan ecolabelling.
The Safer Choice Program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified Suga®Nate 160 Dry as Acceptable for use in Safer Choice-certified products and for listing on CleanGredients as a surfactant.
Suga®Nate 160 Dry also meets criteria for direct release under EPA’s Safer Choice Standard and the use limit for this ingredient no longer applies.
- Direct release products are approved in outdoor applications that are likely to bypass sewage treatment . Products include home car washes, cleaners for use in power washers, boat cleaners, drilling muds, graffiti removers, fleet disinfectants, window cleaners, and the like.
- Naturally derived
- EO free (1,4-Dioxane free)
- Non-irritating to skin, eyes
- Equal or superior foaming characteristics to other sulfate-free surfactants
- Meets broad regulatory requirements
- Sulfate-free shampoos
- Low and high pH shampoos
- Bath gels and body washes
- Facial cleansers
- Baby cleansing products
- Personal care wipes and make-up removers
- Pet shampoos
- Non-irritating bubble baths