Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate - 100% Natural Carbon
Suga®Nate 160NC is a naturally-derived, high-performance surfactant suitable for a variety of personal care formulations. Using Suga®Nate 160NC, formulators can develop a high-foaming product with discriminating attributes without irritation to eyes and skin. Suga®Nate 160NC is very high in natural character, very low in toxicity and cost-eff ective when compared to other surfactants in typical sulfate-free formulations.
Suga®Nate 160NC meets the requirements for ingredients that may be included in goods and services bearing Nordic Swan ecolabelling.
The Safer Choice Program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified Suga®Nate 160NC as Acceptable for use in Safer Choice-certified products and for listing on CleanGredients as a surfactant.
Suga®Nate 160NC also meets criteria for direct release under EPA’s Safer Choice Standard and the use limit for this ingredient no longer applies.
- Direct release products are approved in outdoor applications that are likely to bypass sewage treatment . Products include home car washes, cleaners for use in power washers, boat cleaners, drilling muds, graffiti removers, fleet disinfectants, window cleaners, and the like.
Readily biodegradable per OECD 301 methods. This product meets the criteria for a surfactant under the EU Detergents Regulation (EC) 648/2004.
- Conforms to NSF/ANSI 305-2012
- DfE Approved (CleanGredients)
- USDA Biopreferred Product
- Whole Foods Market® Premium Body Care™ ingredient
Suga®Nate 160NC is stable in hydrogen peroxide.
INCI: Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate
Patent #: Pending
US (TSCA), Canada (DSL/NDSL), EU (REACH), Australia (AIIC/AICIS), New Zealand (NZIoC), Taiwan (NECI)
OSPAR OCNS Gold Band
The Offshore Chemical Notification Scheme (OCNS) team has reviewed information about Suga®Nate 160NC for use as a lubricant, foaming agent, stabilizing agent, corrosion inhibitor and/or dispersant during offshore drilling operations involving 100% environmental discharge and in accordance with the Harmonised Offshore Chemical Notification Format (HOCNF). Suga®Nate 160NC received a Hazard Quotient between 0 and 1 for a 17 ½” section, also known as the OSPAR OCNS Gold Band (lowest hazard). Suga®Nate 160NC received a Hazard Quotient between 1 and 30 for 12 ¼” and 8 ½” sections, also known as the OSPAR OCNS Silver Band (second lowest hazard).
OSPAR is the mechanism by which 15 Governments and the EU cooperate to protect the marine environment of the North-East Atlantic. To reduce the overall impact of offshore chemicals on the marine environment, OSPAR has adopted a harmonized mandatory control system (HMCS) for use and reduction of discharges of offshore chemicals by the offshore oil and gas industry. This system promotes the shift towards the use of less hazardous or preferably non-hazardous substances. The OCNS Team at Cefas registers chemicals used in offshore oil and gas applications for use in the UK and Netherlands waters.
More information may be found on The Definitive Ranked Lists of Registered Products on the OCNS section of the Cefas website (https://www.cefas.co.uk/data-and-publications/ocns/).
This product has an ecotoxicological profile that is favorable to OSPAR Notification via HOCNF. For more information or to request additional OSPAR Notification documentation for this product, use this form.
- 100% naturally-derived
- EO free (1,4- Dioxane free)
- Non-irritating to skin, eyes
- Readily biodegradable under any conditions
- Equal or superior foaming characteristics to other sulfatefree surfactants
- Meets broad regulatory requirements
- Shipped without preservatives
- Cost-effective sulfate-free primary surfactant
- Compatible with nearly all surfactant classes including quaternary compounds, amides, amphoterics and nonionics
- Sulfate-free shampoos
- Low and high-pH shampoos
- Bath gels
- Body washes
- Facial cleansers
- Baby cleansing products
- Personal care wipes and make-up removers
- Pet shampoos
- Non-irritating bubble baths